Probably because she was too embarrassed to admit to it. However, excess hair on women is far more widespread than we may imagine, simply because few of us are eager to admit to sprouting hair on our chins.
Are you looking for permanent hair removal in New York?
As we age and our bodies produce less testosterone-suppressing estrogen, we become prone to errant hair, particularly on the chin and upper lip area.The cruelest irony is, of course, that once we’re past 40, our eyesight starts to deteriorate, which means an ever-increasing reliance on reading glasses and magnifying mirrors… just to make the facial hair horror even more glaringly obvious.
Age is not the only cause of excessive hair growth – certain medical conditions may cause you to grow unwanted hair; PCOS, other ovarian abnormalities, liver disease, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, and pituitary tumors – all of these can lead to unwanted hair growth. In addition, some birth control medication can contribute to excessive hair, as can meds for conditions such as migraines, high blood pressure, and seizures, plus bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. And for some, it’s simply down to genetics.
Since most of us do not want to end up looking like Grizzly Adams, what can we do to maintain our feminine appearance, and our dignity? The short answer is permanent hair removal by electrolysis; but what are our other options, and why are they not such good choices as New York electrolysis hair removal?
- Plucking the occasional hair isn’t going to take much time, although occasionally, it may result in a little bump here and there on the skin.
- Shaving is an option but really, it’s not a great choice; quite apart from the obvious issue of razor cuts and abrasions (razor burn), do you really want to be shaving your face?
- Waxing, sugaring, and threading are other options but they can be painful, cause ingrown hairs, and you have to have a certain amount of hair growth in order for them to be effective, which means you either have to walk around with a hairy face, or you have to shut yourself away for a few days. Neither seem like a great option, do they?
- You could try a depilatory cream but even the ones formulated for the upper lip area tend to be far too harsh for sensitive skins.
- A prescription cream, such as Vaniqua, which inhibits hair growth might be an option but the results are not instant, and they come with a list of unpleasant side-effects.
- Laser hair removal is longer-lasting but cannot be used on all skin and hair types, and can cause permanent damage to the skin.
Electrolysis is the best option for permanent hair removal for women, especially for women in New York City; it will permanently remove any unwanted hair, and is the obvious choice for those suffering the embarrassment of excessive facial hair.
Electrolysis hair removal is the only FDA-approved method for permanent hair removal, and involves sending a mild electrical current into the hair follicle to destroy the hair root, thus preventing any more growth. Because hair grows in three different stages (grow, rest, shed), you will need multiple sessions in order for electrolysis hair removal to have the best chance of success.
If you are looking for the best electrolysis hair removal in New York, why not give Abracadabra Electrolysis a call to arrange a free consultation? Our Certified Professional Electrologists will be happy to meet with you to discuss the best way forward, and the best method for meeting your needs with affordable electrolysis hair removal.
At Abracadabra Electrolysis, your secret is safe with us.